Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Back to Easing In

On most Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next month, my first and only class doesn't start until 3:00 in the afternoon. So, I had a lot of time to myself this morning. I did a small bit of writing, some laundry, and a lot of homework.

This afternoon I attended my lifespan development class. My teacher seems friendly, relaxed, and like she has a good sense of humor. But at the same time, she also has a decently strict set of rules and she said she would throw out anyone who was too disruptive. I think I'll like this one.

When I came back to Blue Square, I finished my three-page essay about why college is important, what the three parts of a university degree are, and how they all relate to one another. It wasn't fun, but it's done. Now I don't have any Connections homework due until the 20th of September. I just need to stay on top of the work from my other classes.

I also scanned in the paper syllabuses given by my horticulture and lifespan teachers. Specifically, I wanted to keep the class schedules on my desktop, because they tell me which days we don't have class, when homework is due, and when all the quizzes and tests are. Nice to have on hand.

Demetria and I also ordered groceries from Lee's Market online for the first time. We were given a promotional code that was supposed to give us free delivery, but it didn't work. I guess we'll have to ask when our delivery person comes.

Well... I guess that's all. Although, Demetria showed my several more episodes of "Star vs the Forces of Evil" tonight. Holy plot twist, things went south for Ludo fast.

This is a show about a magical princess from another dimension who doesn't understand Earth culture, is raising a litter of puppies that shoot lasers from their eyes, and blasts narwhals at her enemies during battle. The parallel storyline is about a bird prince who is trying to raise an army (or possibly a family) by offering abandoned monsters food and shelter in his castle, providing them with free milkshakes, and who gets grossed out if he ever has to touch hair because he was attacked by the tickle monster on his birthday as a child. That's not even a little bit of an exaggeration, that's just exactly what happens.

Tomorrow I go back to a busy day of classes. But, I'm off to a good start so far!