Saturday, August 27, 2016

Been One Week

Today was a pretty easy, lazy day. Nice to have one of those after easing back into school. Here are some items that have been delivered to me over the past couple of days, but that I didn't take pictures of until now:

 Loud blender for the kitchen (But not too loud, according to Demetria)

 Lamp for my bedroom- No more feeling towards my bed in the dark

Utensil holder- These are always nice to have! Our drawer was getting full


I did some writing this morning, and around noon I made macaroni for the first time up here. I gave some to Alison when she came over. She brought her car, so she, Demetria, and I all headed about a minute down the road to Lee's Marketplace and showed her around.

Alison dropped us back off in front of Blue Square and we went our separate ways. Demetria and I rested for a bit before heading up to campus. With classes starting on Monday, we wanted to be sure we knew where to find our first several classes. We played some Pokemon Go and talked about my writing as well as the books Demetria likes to read and her future plans for her music/acting career.

She and I watched various shows this evening, though after the first one I realized that I hadn't printed off my talk for church tomorrow. Yikes! There's no printer at Blue Square, which meant that I'd have to walk the thirty minutes back up to the campus library to do it. And we had just come from there.

Since neither of us has a car and the shuttles weren't running, I tried asking one of the neighbors I knew for a ride up, but no one answered the door. That was all right- Demetria pointed out that the library might have closed already, since we thought it closed early on Saturday. It was still open, but we'd be cutting it close. So the plan is to get to church early and print it off from one of the computers there.

If that doesn't work out, we have a back-up plan; I e-mailed the file to Demetria, and she took screenshots of it with her Kindle. I'd still like to have the paper copy in hand though, I think, but it's always nice to be prepared.