Monday, August 22, 2016

Summer Drawing to a Close

Tomorrow is the last day of my summer before I officially begin college. Crazy to think about.

Demetria and I had breakfast this morning and then headed out to learn about printers, shuttle buses, elevator key cards, and to scout the campus. I stopped by the scholarship office to make sure everything was still in order, and we swung through the library before paying a visit to the arts building where Demetria will be having some of her classes.

On our travels, we picked up a girl named Shannon for a bit, and ran into an employee who told us about the USU app that is supposed to automatically pinpoint and offer directions to your classes, as opposed to us wandering about dropping pins on Google maps like we had been doing. That will definitely need to be looked into.

We started heading back to Blue Square after the arts building, but made a detour into the TSC - the central student center building - so Demetria could pick up her school ID. Long line, but luckily it proved to be worth it as I was also able to get my elevator card punched (Before we left Blue Square, I'd talked to one of the people in charge and after some examination, he told me where on the card we could punch without damaging the chip). Now it hangs on my lanyard with my ID and room keys.

Upon our return, we had lunch and I ordered shoes with Mom. Then I worked on some writing and my talk. I had planned to attend that ice blocking activity (although Demetria didn't want to come), and I made it to the church with several minutes to spare. We had been told to meet in the parking lot for carpooling. I circled the church maybe four times, but there weren't any people about, and the doors to the building were locked. There were cars. Just no people.

I waited for awhile in one spot, then started to circle the church again. As I did so, one boy started to pull up next to me, then evidently changed his mind and went around the corner of the church. I saw him leave hardly thirty seconds later with a new girl in his car. A second car seemed to circle around the building deliberately to avoid me before speeding out. I lingered around a little longer, then headed back to Blue Square instead when it seemed apparent that I wasn't going to be getting a ride. Oh well. Maybe next time. The weather was nice and I got a good walk out of it.

I did a bit more writing while "Meet the Robinsons" played in the background, and some dinner was had. Demetria and I camped out on the couch armed with pajamas and water bottles as we watched a few more episodes of "Star vs The Forces of Evil". The details of tomorrow aren't quite ironed out yet, but hopefully we can find a way to make my last day of summer count!