Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Summer's End

Today was pretty easy and relaxing. Demetria and I walked to the grocery store, since she hadn't been there yet. We picked up some chips and vegetables and things. After dropping them off in our room, we gave the shuttles a try. Turned a twenty-minute walk into a two-minute drive!

We checked out the campus store and then headed off to find the printers in the library, and the elusive Biotechnology building we kept missing the other times we went out. I texted my friend Molly to see if she wanted to meet up and say hello, but she must have had her hands full because she didn't get back to me once I'd confirmed she was up at campus. We'll try again another day.

Demetria and I had printed off two blank seven-day calendar schedules, so when we got back to our room we each filled one out and taped them to the fridge. That way we'll have an idea of where the other is during the day and when we'll be back, which will be useful for coordinating cooking and laundry things.

We rested at home the remainder of the day. Just a simple way to ease out of summer. My first class starts in the morning. I hope I haven't forgotten anything!