Friday, August 26, 2016

Third Day of Connections

This was the last day of Connections until we have our follow-ups. It's nice to have weekends. Of course, when Monday rolls around, it means I'll be starting college "for real".

This morning, after getting to class, we rode the buses into town and did some service cleaning baseboards and walls. Then we had pizza. There were lots of extras, so we were told we could take a box home if we wanted to. I did. Now I have pizza in my fridge. Since Demetria can't eat gluten, it's all mine.

Also, I passed this sign while I was out:


I talked more with Alison on the way back to campus. Her housing is just up the street and around the corner from Blue Square, and since she wanted to see it, I offered to walk with her to the grocery store tomorrow. It's good to be making friends.

We listened to explanations on how to use the various library technologies, study rooms, and websites and heard from some nutritionists who talked about, well, nutrition. I rested at Blue Square with Demetria for awhile after class was over before heading up to the Spectrum so we could hear from the author of our summer reading book, "How We Got to Now". He was obviously passionate about his work and there was a surprising amount of people who came up to ask him questions in the end.

Yesterday, we folded paper lanterns that look like the top of the building that bears the USU Aggie A. Today, we got them back along with a small battery-powered light. Then we all heard from the school's president, and he told us how we would be walking from the Spectrum to the quad, where we would gather in a large 'A' shape and have our pictures and a few videos taken for promotional USU images and stuff. He said that when we graduate in four years, we'll be walking from the quad to the Spectrum. I'll bet time will fly soon enough!