Tuesday, October 10, 2017

20s Questions

I had a birthday today! First, I celebrated by cleaning the bathroom. Not having a roommate makes it easy for my family to come up and visit me, and I wanted to make sure my place was clean for tonight.

I attended my classes as usual, although I decided to stop by the Arist's Block Cafe in the Fine Arts building and see if there were any special treats I might be interested in splurging on (I knew my family were planning to take me out for dinner, and I didn't want to stuff myself in the Marketplace). Nothing much caught my eye, but I finally selected a large chocolate chip muffin. It wasn't a cupcake, but it would do. Of course, as the girl behind the counter was ringing it up, I got a better look at it and realized that it was pumpkin flavored. Oh well. It wasn't the best, but it still made for a nice birthday treat.

Tuesday is my more difficult day for classes, unfortunately, and it was a relief when they were over. After my classes, I returned to my apartment to do a few cleaning touch-ups. And soon, my family texted me saying they had arrived.

They brought me presents, like some Andes Mints and Candy Legos. Preston gave me some 3D-printed purple and green tentacles from the computer game Day of the Tentacle. Stockton had ordered me Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions- a new remake of the Gameboy game that I can play on my 3DS. Plus, it comes with a new storyline. The game just came out a few days ago. I didn't even know it existed, so I was thrilled.


After presents, we went out to dinner at Angie's, then did some grocery shopping while I was able to load up the car, and finally stopped by Cold Stone for ice cream. Mom even bought me a carton of cake batter- my favorite.


Mom

Dad

Stockton

Preston

Jorja wasn't able to make the trip up, but that's her loss if she couldn't hang out with her favorite sister. I enjoyed my evening, and even though they had to drive a few hours up here and then a few hours home, I'm glad my family were able to travel safely and celebrate my birthday with me. It was certainly a less lonely day than it could have been.