Friday, October 20, 2017

Owa Tagu Siam

I've been hounded by these three nene geese at the zoo lately. The male in particular enjoys jabbing his head through the links in the fence and trying to bite me while I'm taking notes on animal behavior.




Here's a nice picture of leaves, also:


After I had finished filling out my ethograms today, I was tasked with providing an enrichment activity to several birds. I took some plastic Easter eggs and filled them with millet and seeds for them to eat, and had one of the workers set them up inside the diamond dove enclosure so they were only open a tiny bit.



One was open a little more than the others, and several of the diamond doves enjoyed picking at it. None of them bothered much with the other eggs that I saw. I guess they were too shut. Oh well. I hope they got into them later after I was gone.