Thursday, July 13, 2017

Colt Expressions

Well, Stockton and Jorja went off to Youth Conference today! Preston and I sort of hung out for a lot of it, just talking and being around each other. And I wrote, of course.

We played a game of Colt Express tonight, which we haven't for awhile. I played as Ghost for the first time, and I actually won!


I managed to be the first to retrieve the $1,000 briefcase, and hold onto it for the entire game. Mainly because there was one round we started with all of us on the roof of the same car. Preston played a punch card, which was supposed to make me drop my briefcase. Mom played a pickpocket, so she could pick it up.

Of course, the way the game works is that you play all the cards, but nothing "happens" until all cards have been played. So after the cards were finished and the story phase was beginning, Preston decided that instead of punching me, he'd punch Mom, because he knew if he punched me then she'd just pick up my briefcase, which didn't help him. Mom was a little annoyed, because she ended up picking up her own $250 coin bag. Not what she was hoping for.

Dad's move in that phase was pretty funny too. He was playing as the character whose special power is that if someone wants to shoot another character and has two characters to choose between, they have no choice but to hit the other person- not her. We were all on the same train car, and Dad decided to sprint away. You can't shoot someone on the same train car as you, so Mom shot him in the back. He was a little annoyed with himself for doing it. It was pretty funny.