Saturday, July 22, 2017

Girls' Night Out For Icecream

I went swimming today! This is actually the first time I've been in the pool all summer. The timing was never right before, and would cross with things like me needing to be out of the sun for two weeks for my hair removal stuff. Jorja had a friend come over, and cousins were there too. Bubs and Ange have returned from their vacation! The house will be a bit quieter now, I'm sure.

Not completely quiet, though. Rachel was planning to leave tonight with her girls too. Only, things didn't work as planned. Mina fell off Jorja's bed while the kids were having a dance party downstairs. Rachel took her to the hospital and they found out that her arm was broken. So, she has to wear a cast and have surgery on it. Poor thing. 

Marie's current school is apparently anti-times table memorization. They just don't want kids to memorize simple multiplication at all, and want them to figure things out some weird way instead. Brett and Rachel don't agree with that, unsurprisingly, and have encouraged Marie to work on her facts this summer. She succeeded in memorizing them, and as a reward, Rachel took her and Mina out to Leatherby's. Jorja and I tagged along too with Mom. I enjoyed my usual cake batter Kenny's Milkshake and even got to go in pajamas. What fun! We'll sure miss these guys when they move to Florida.

Mom, me, Jorja

Mina, Rachel, Marie