Friday, July 21, 2017

Lost Puppy

I sent Dad this message this morning-


One of our neighbors' dogs got out and was wandering the neighborhood. Mom brought her in and had me check the dog's collar for a number and then call the owners. As I finished typing the number, a name popped up on my screen. I think it's the lady that I used to visit teach before I moved up to Utah State. She gave a talk in church a little while ago about how when her family first moved here, the dog would escape and the children were very stressed about it, so they said a prayer and the dog was found. She said that now, they don't even bother praying because the dog gets out so often and yet always makes it home eventually. 

She drove down to pick the dog up right after I called, which was really nice. Mom is not a fan of dogs. I'm surprised she held this one so long. She said she was very calm. Of course, as soon as the lady and dog left, Mom insisted on taking a shower because she said she smelled and felt like dog and that it was gross.

In other news, Brett left today. He's being dispatched for the army, if I'm not mistaken. It's something of the sort. Rachel will be on her own with the kids in Florida. But if you were going to be somewhere alone, Florida seems like a nice place. It's easier to coax people to visit you in Florida than somewhere like North Dakota, I imagine! My mom is planning to drive back with them and stay there for a few days. I think they'll like that. Sometime when I don't have school, I might have to swing by too.