Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Holly's Pizza Delivery

I took a quiz for my Research Methods class today. It's always amusing that universities have such a huge Zero Tolerance Plagiarism policy when you see evidence of teachers creating their quizzes by copying things in like this:

May not be posted on a website, in whole or in part. Hmm.

In answer number three, that word is "naive" if you were wondering.

I took my first exam in Measurements today. When teachers scan scantrons through the reading machine, the machine automatically sends out an email to each student to distribute their score immediately, so I knew how I did within a few hours. I only missed 4, which I guess is okay. The most missed question was number 2 (missed by 19% of the class) but I got that one right, so that's nice.

I ate lunch and then went to my behavior class. It's crazy how many people just don't go to classes. We've had significant drops, especially in that class. I don't know if people have switched out or if they just think that the book will give them all they know and they don't need to attend. Maybe that's true, but you wouldn't know that until you've been in class for a long time, and would you really risk that when you haven't even taken the first test of the class? I guess people just trust their studying abilities. Well, it's none of my concern.

I stopped by my apartment to use my inhaler and grab a sweatshirt, but I made absolutely sure not to dilly-dally around, and hurried around the corner and down the hill so I could get to the credit union stop before the other bus. I definitely didn't want to have to call on Holly again.

I made it to the zoo in plenty of time today for my second day of overview training. We saw tons of loud birds and saw the food preparation areas and things. The zoo directors told everyone not to get their hopes up about being anywhere near the monkeys, "Except maybe Maysen as she studies their behavior from two fences away." They're really excited about having me work on ethograms for some of the animals, though getting to the monkeys might take a bit of working up to.

Additionally, they assigned me to come into work on Fridays (including this Friday, I think? They said they would send out a calendar). While it's great that my Wednesdays are still free, I kind of hope they allow me to volunteer on Wednesdays too after a month or so. I may need those extra hours. That would be a shame if I had everything for my internship figured out, but I had no way to accrue enough hours.

Holly picked me up at 8:30. Yay! We made it! It was really nice of her to do that for me, but it's nice that she won't need to anymore. She kept telling me that I could "seriously call her for anything". I mentioned that maybe one of these days I'd have to ask her if she'd take me to get pizza (asking a day or two in advance) because it's difficult to ride the bus, walk from the stop to Little Caeser's, walk back, wait forever for the bus, and by the time I get home the pizza is cold. She surprised me by suggesting she stop by right now. Luckily I had some money.

So, Holly went through the drive-thru and when she dropped me off at Blue Square, I had a box of warm pizza and a smile on my face. She's been really nice to me. I'm glad that I've been able to meet her. I'm sure she's great at touching the lives of everyone around her.