Sunday, September 24, 2017

Our Callings

This morning, I printed out the items I needed for my lesson on magnifying our callings. I had a few quotes and scripture to cut into strips, and I had people volunteer to come up and get them while I introduced myself and gave the brief outline of my lesson. I figured that was better than handing the strips out to people as they came in, since people generally don't like to be forced into participating.

My lesson went well. I had a lot to say about Eyring's talk, and some stories to share. One thing that I mentioned was that when I'd first been asked to give this talk, I still had lingering traces of bronchitis that made me constantly cough and rasp a bit. However, I accepted the task anyway, and my bronchitis ended up disappearing before it was time for me to give my lesson. I hadn't even realized it until then, and I hadn't planned to discuss it, but suddenly I felt prompted to mention that.

I think I was engaging and many people came up afterwards to tell me they really enjoyed my lesson. I sent Mom a quick test to let her know I thought I'd done well. Of course, I later found out I'd given a lesson on the wrong talk... but no one actually confronted about it. Maybe it was the lesson the girls just starting relief society needed to hear.