Monday, September 4, 2017

Sophomore Year Labor Day

Ah, Labor Day. That is indeed what I did. I stayed home and finished catching up on my school assignments. Crazy how much needed to be done after only one week.

I read my textbooks and completed some quizzes on Canvas. I also ordered groceries from Lee's online. With the buses not running due to the construction, shopping might be a little difficult. So it's nice that I can do things like order online. Although I had to order a minimum of $30 worth of stuff. That was a bit more difficult than expected, since my main wants were almond milk, regular milk, and bananas.

I ended up ordering two boxes of yellow cake mix and some frosting too. Hey, I'll probably be celebrating my birthday up here. It might be a good idea to have those things on hand. And make a practice cake first. Last year, Demetria and I made cakes in her rice cooker, and they were amazing. Hopefully I can bake something nice. I think I will miss her sharp ceramic knives.

My birthday is on a Tuesday this year, which is kind of a shame since with no roommate around (still), it might have been fun for my family to pay me a visit so I didn't end up celebrating alone. Maybe they'll stop in to see me the weekend before, or maybe I'll find some cool friends who would like to celebrate with me. I guess we'll see what happens a month from now. Crazy to think I'm turning 20.