Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Return of the Red Bus

This morning, I was distraught when I tried to prepare myself a shake for breakfast, only to find my blender leaking everywhere. It took awhile, but I eventually realized that the bottom piece of the blender. Normally, when I place the blender in its base, I twist it a bit so that it fits and locks. Apparently I've been loosening the blender's bottom bit by bit this entire time, and it finally gave way today. Who designed that? Well, tightening the piece fixed the problem, and now I know to be more careful.

My Institute class has been very small up until now. It seems there are only four of us. Today, our population doubled when some students dropped in to see what was going on. We've moved on from Joseph Smith to Brigham Young. I believe he was the prophet who held that position the longest in this dispensation, so we'll spend three days on him.

I'd forgotten to print my notes for Measurements. I'd written then up, but they weren't printed. I realized this at the end of my Research Methods class, and since let us out a bit early, I took advantage of that time to handwrite a copy I could turn in instead. When I turned them in, I talked to my teacher about numbers and formulas not showing up on the PowerPoint slides he had shared on Canvas. He was quite surprised to hear this, but agreed to start submitting PDFs. That was a huge relief. There are so many formulas to learn, and it was hard to scribble them all down and not me able to refer back to them later on the slides.

After lunch, I headed up to the Fine Arts building for my behavior class. On the way, I stopped by the bus stop to talk to a disabled woman who's in my fiction writing class. I don't think she's totally blind, because her cane isn't white, but she's an older lady and I'm not sure how many friends she has, so I took some time to talk to her. She seemed pleased with that.

When my behavior class was over, I thought that since I was at the Fine Arts building, I'd give the red South Campus bus another try. When I texted it, it said it would be here in two minutes. Perfect. There's some construction going on in the middle of campus, so it would be nice to avoid all of that. I ended up waiting fifteen minutes for the red bus before I gave up and started walking to the TSC myself. After a long day, the last thing I wanted to do was stand around outside in the heat, waiting for a bus that clearly had no intention of coming despite the fact that it was marked to arrive in two minutes.

I'd talked to another girl who was also waiting for the bus, but she didn't come back with me (She'd also told me a story that when she was riding that bus the other day, the driver stopped mid-route and ran off to use the bathroom. I've always seen old men driving the red bus, so I guess that's the price you pay). I walked along the road, and saw the green Campus Loop bus on it's way, but no red bus. I made it all the way back to the TSC without seeing a sign of it. Oh, red bus. How great thy follies.