Thursday, November 2, 2017

Many Measurements

I went up to campus early so I would have time to print stuff for measurements. I've been having some trouble with my printer. When I have more time, I need to take a closer look at it.

We were presented with two extra credit opportunities in Research Methods today, but we're only allowed to participate in one of them: We could either view 50 posts in our Facebook feeds and mark who the posts were from and what they were about, or visit a stop sign and observe how many people ran it while we tried to be discreet about watching. We have a few weeks to get these down, so I decided I'd ask Mom if I could view her Facebook feed when I go home pretty soon.

I took some pictures of the screen during Measurements class and sent them to Stockton, saying, "So how's your day going?"




I feel out of my league with this class most of the time, and it's difficult to ascertain your skill level when we don't do any assignments in this class. Everything comes down to the exams, and only the exams. It can be complicated and stressful sometimes.

I decided to eat in the Junction for lunch today. It's a buffet-type place nearer where I have most of my classes. It's similar to the Aggie Marketplace, but I like it a lot less. There didn't seem to be as many food options, especially ones I like. I was startled, for example, that when I asked for plain noodles, they were given to me fried, and the entire process took several minutes longer than the Marketplace's way of dunking the noodles under scalding water for a few seconds. I asked one lady, and in the Marketplace I can pick a roll out of a warming drawer. I didn't see anywhere to get grilled cheese. The Junction menu changes according to the day, and I happened to be fortunate enough to get clam chowder. The experience wasn't necessarily negative, but it felt cold, aloof, and awkward to me. I think it's worth it to me to walk a little farther for the atmosphere and food that I prefer.

After lunch, we took our second exam in my Behavior class. Our teacher brought us donuts again. Those behavior questions can be very tricky, with three usual answer choices, then an "All of the above", and sometimes a "Both A & C" option. But, at least I wasn't also dealing with cramps this time. I may have stuffed myself with too much food during lunch, though. As I walked home, I tried to call Mom before remembering she and Dad went to Australia for Dad's business trip. Oh well. I hope they have a good time. I went home to rest.