Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving With Mom

Mom visited me today, so I wouldn't have to spend the whole Thanksgiving break alone (I'd stayed at college so I could work on homework, especially my essays). Since everyone back home ended up getting sick, I dodged a bullet there.

Mom and I went to see "Coco" at the theater. I wasn't expecting much from it after seeing the trailers, but I'd also heard really good things about it anyway. I was happily surprised. The set-up was well done, the characters felt real, and the art was beautiful. It was especially funny watching the stakes continue to rise higher throughout the entire movie. Every time you think things can't get riskier or worse, they do. I enjoyed the movie a lot, and I hope to share it with the rest of my family soon.

After "Coco", Mom and I drove to the zoo so I could pick up a paper I'd left for the zoo director to sign. We ate at Waffle Iron, then shopped for groceries.



Mom went home after that. I know that she was reluctant to let me stay at college this week, but I'm grateful that she did. I was able to get a lot done that needed to be finished. I think it would have been difficult to balance everything that needed doing with everything else I'd be doing at home.