Sunday, November 26, 2017

Missed Church

I missed church today. I'm used to 1:00 church, and I completely forgot that our wards had combined for Thanksgiving break. Because I'd planned to go out of town, I hadn't written down what time they were meeting when I heard it last week, and forgot about it. They must have met at 10:00 or so, because the building was empty by the time I walked down there.

I spent all day reading scriptures and listening to General Conference talks instead. I'd fallen behind in my readings (mostly since I'd transferred into a different Institute class partway through the semester). Since I'd been meaning to catch up anyway, this was a good time to do so. It ended up taking me a lot longer than I expected- Much more than three hours. I shouldn't have let myself far so far behind.

I had already decided not to work on homework today, since we've had so many talks in Sacrament meeting lately about keeping the Sabbath Day holy and not working or studying on Sunday. I do hope I manage to get my big assignments done in time even though I didn't work on them today, but I'm sure I'll be able to pull through. It was kind of nice to take a day to think just about the Church.