Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Solo Cleaning Checks

I did the last of my cleaning before room checks today. Cleaning the entire apartment by myself, on top of all the other things I've been doing this last week, was pretty stressful, and I was worried about getting fined. It'll be nice to lift this weight off my shoulders.

I met with my Research Methods teacher and the TA to discuss my essay today. The last time I went to see this teacher, when I went to ask her for help on my literature review before turning it in, she had a large dog hanging out in the office with her. There wasn't a dog in the office today. Shame. I'm glad I was able to meet with them and gain some insights

We workshopped two more stories in Fiction Writing today, and then I went to Institute. After that, I went home to see the results of my room check. A note had been left saying that I'd done a good job cleaning, except where my shower was concerned. I was a bit disappointed, since I'd spent 45 minutes scrubbing it. The cleaning lady who had accompanied my RA around our floor said that my RA would be coming back in three days to see if I had successfully cleaned the shower. My RA had scribbled in a note that said everything "looked good" to her. I assume that means she won't be coming back in three days to check on me, but I wish she would have been clearer so I knew for sure.