Tuesday, October 9, 2018

REBOOT GO

It's been much, much too long since I last updated this blog. Life became chaos and as the stress piled up, I ended up pushing blog updates to the bottom of my to-do list, day after day. I have a ton of posts drafted, just nothing that I was eager to sift through at the end of a busy day. Struggling to upload pictures, agonizing over how much personal stuff to share, and constantly fiddling with the dates, tags, and alignment settings just isn't relaxing to me, I guess.

I finally talked to Mom about it, and she assured me it was perfectly okay to pick up my daily blog posts from where I am now, and finish my drafts bit by bit. While I loathe skipping out on massive chunks of my life, the past several months have proved that not moving forward doesn't help me, either. If I'm going to pick up this blog again, I have to dive in from where I am. And what better time to do that than my birthday?

This semester, Tuesday is a light day for me. I only have two classes and am then off for the rest of the day. This morning we did peer reviews in Creative Nonfiction class, and then I had Institute with Stockton. I went home for lunch and feasted on spaghetti (topped with shredded cheese that melts in nicely when the noodles are warm) and finished a few homework assignments. This evening, I met up with the other members working with me on our group project for Consumer Behavior. We present tomorrow, so hopefully that all goes well. It is a 250-point assignment, after all.

Tomorrow, I turn 21. As the night drew on and I found myself still awake, I decided that when it hit midnight, I wanted to be doing something I enjoyed. So, I baked a lemon-flavored mugging cake and topped it with mint ice cream, chocolate syrup, and rainbow sprinkles.


At midnight, I found myself enjoying that deliciousness and working on my writing at the same time, thanks to my laptop. And I was in comfy pajamas, too.

So here I am, turning 21. Here's to a long future of blogging daily once again.