Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Avoid Contact With Skin

We discussed humor in creative nonfiction today, mostly by doing "boring" things like trying to analyze our individual senses of humor and write out our thoughts in the most scientific, jargon-heavy way possible. After Institute today, I ate lunch at the Marketplace, and headed home at just the right time, because I ended up on Quinton's bus for the first time in two weeks, so that was cool.

I did lots of homework this afternoon, especially essays. I washed my towels today, and happened to glance at the tag on one as I put it in the machine. It read, "Avoid contact with skin." What? I read it three times over, but sure enough, that's what it said. I was very uncomfortable for the next thirty minutes, but when I took the towels out of the washing machine, I checked the tag again. At the very bottom, where the tag bent against the towel, it said, "Avoid contact with skin treatment products." Oh. That makes more sense.