Friday, October 19, 2018

Fall Break 2018

Today, I took the Sensation and Perception quiz supposedly meant for Chapter 12, which actually quizzed me on content found in Chapter 13 (not that I knew that when I clicked 'Start'). With a sigh, I grabbed my textbook and began flipping pages. I did fine, apart from this question:


I was pretty sure that I knew the answer, but I wanted to have proof (partially out of spite). I couldn't find any trace of this "Letterman" in my book, and I managed a pretty good skim for only having ten minutes to look over Chapter 13. Finally, I decided to Google the question. Lo and behold, it appeared on some other professor's test, which was based on some other textbook. The answers listed to that question were exactly the same, including that last one. I'm not sure if my instructor pays attention to what he is doing AT ALL, but at least I scored 100% on the quiz.

Dickyi invited some friends over to cook dumplings with her today. She let me know about this this morning, but I may have misunderstood the invitation, because when I came out of my room to introduce myself and offer to help, she said she would "call me out when they were done." Oh well. I think she and her friends enjoyed cooking. I heard a lot of chatting and giggling. I hope that next year, I have a chance to cook alongside a roommate. I think I'd enjoy that. 

Truth be told, I was surprised she was even in the apartment today, because she and her friend Sally have been making plans for months to visit Yellowstone over Fall Break. Maybe they leave for that tomorrow, in which case I admire their confidence. Dickyi did invite me back in August to join them on their roadtrip, but I think I'm glad I turned down the offer. I've always wanted to go to Yellowstone and have never been, and it sounds like it would be a cool adventure, but between all the assignments I have to work on and the awkwardness of not connecting with my roommate as well as I'd like to, it's probably best that I stay here.

The rest of my afternoon was spent alternating between cleaning my fish tank and finishing my Much Ado About Nothing essay for Arts Symposium. Neither was super fun, but they had to be done.