Thursday, October 18, 2018

Gross

After Institute today, Stockton asked me if I wanted to eat lunch with him. At the Marketplace, he tried a Captain Crunch smoothie flavor. It looked pretty gross to me, but I waited until he was finished drinking what he wanted before I asked him if it tasted like a little kid had just taken pieces of cereal and left them to sit in a gallon of milk. The look of horrified realization that crossed his face is impossible for words to describe.

When I got home, I tried to be a grown-up and order tickets for the high school play Stockton and I are planning to see to meet our theater assignment for the Arts class. The tickets said they were being sold online, and I jumped through all the hoops of creating an account to buy them, only to grind to a halt at the end because "payment had not been set up yet." The tickets were charging me $0 when they were supposed to charge me $7 for an adult ticket, so the order was automatically prevented. I guess they weren't ready to sell yet. They shouldn't have a giant "Buy tickets here" button on their site, then. 

I tried calling the provided number to speak with the box office, but was directed to voicemail. Once again I jumped through all their hoops, only to get redirected to the receptionist's voicemail. No one picked up, even though I'd called during their stated business hours. I left a message, but no one called me back. Maybe next week, Stockton and I can drive down to the high school in person to get our tickets. I just don't want to wait too long and find they're all sold out. We'll get an automatic 0% on our assignment if we don't attend a performance.

A lot of time yesterday and today was spent working on my PowerPoint for Sensation and Perception. It was due today at 5:00. I'm speaking on split-brain syndrome, a topic I'm already familiar with from previous research, so I was glad about that. I was also glad I'd finished the majority of my PowerPoint yesterday, because my stomach hurt from breakfast throughout the entire day. It finally stopped hurting at exactly 5:00, when the assignment was due, and I was able to get an hour's peace before it began hurting again. Finally, I gave up trying to work on my Shakespeare essay and just lay in bed with my warm laptop on my stomach for a few hours, feeling very gross and dreading the difficulties of trying to write that big essay with a hurting stomach tomorrow. Oh, the joys of being a girl.