Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Literary Midterm

I ate breakfast and reviewed my notes for Literary Analysis before class this morning. We took our midterm today. I was finished within half an hour, even taking my time and double-checking all my answers. I texted Mom to let her know how I thought I did, then headed to Sensation and Perception to enjoy my break before class. Afterwards, I texted Mom again to say that all my classes were done for the day. For the first time, Wednesday, usually my busiest day, was finished by 1:30.

Our midterm scores were up by mid-afternoon. I was shocked and disappointed to see I had only scored 85%. That was below the mean of 87.5%. I'd thought the test was easy. I'd only struggled on one question, when I'd made the choice to check "All of the above" instead of picking one of the other answers. I guess I have to wait until Monday to find out what went wrong. There were only about 20 questions, so I guess I missed 3. At the end of the test, we had to show we understood scansion by determining the number of stressed and unstressed syllables in several poems. I spent the majority of my time on that section, but it's possible I still lost some points there. Oh well.