Saturday, October 27, 2018

Western Octave

Mom was sick today. I did lots of writing. That's basically how it went. I got some use out of my thermos for the first time this weekend, enjoying how icy cold the water was. It definitely does stay cold for 24 hours if you chill it properly, so I'm happy with my birthday purchase.

I took an online quiz for our unit on sound in Sensation and Perception today, although I did get a little stumped on the question, "In Western music, which of the following is NOT a note in the octave?" My answer choices were A, F, E, and G, which I could have sworn were all in the octave. I stared at the question for a long time, wondering if I should ask my family members for advice, but worried they would tease me for not knowing the answer to a question that was surely obvious. I just kept staring at it and thinking, Maybe I'm just an idiot. What am I missing? Anyway, it turns out that G is not in the octave, despite being the 7th letter of the alphabet. Who knew?


Music is not my thing.

Dad cored a lot of apples today, and watched a few movies while he did. He decided to finish off the night watching The Incredibles II, which he never saw in theaters with the rest of us. It's a nice movie and I enjoyed getting to watch it with Dad. It's nice to have these lazy Saturdays every now and again.