Monday, October 29, 2018

Chocolate 'Til 11

Last Friday in Literary Analysis, everyone signed up to meet with a "writing fellow" (one of two girls about our age who would peer-review our papers with us). These writing fellows would critique our essay drafts and nudge us in the right direction if we needed help. This morning, I met with mine. Not... my best work there, to put it lightly. It's coherent, but as we went through it together, I was internally screaming the entire time. There's a lot to fix there. The essay is heavier on the summary side than the analysis side, but it's workable. At least it got done before the deadline.

We had a guest lecturer speak to us in the actual Literary Analysis class today. It was the professor who teaches Native American Studies- a class that I considered taking, but dropped from my schedule after Day 1. That was interesting.

Sensation and Perception came after that. We're beginning presentations now. I don't give my presentation on split-brain syndrome until November 14th. That'll be interesting. I'll definitely want to keep that on my radar, because I wouldn't want to show up to class that day unprepared.

After Sensation and Perception, I ate at the Marketplace, then headed back to Blue Square (via Quinton's bus) and from there headed out to Logan High School. Since my plan to purchase tickets for the school play online had failed, and calling the office had failed, I decided to see what would happen if I showed up in person. As it turns out, tickets won't be going on sale for another week or two. But, I needed to head out to the grocery store anyway, so the trip wasn't a total waste.

I met with my chocolate marketing group tonight so we could work on our project. I ended up staying until 11:00, but we did get our survey sent out and work on some good ideas. There's a lot to do with this case competition. Crazy how we're given only one week to do our research, design a product, and put everything together.

I'm feeling good about my group. One of them was in the group that won the case competition last year (which was for a real estate agency, I believe). Rumor has it that one of the groups we're competing with already fell apart, because several of its members dropped the class. Another group can't get in contact with its group leader, in a bizarre twist of fate. So far my group has gotten along together well, and it seems like we have a good balance of skill sets. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.