Sunday, October 21, 2018

Cheddar Cheese Soup

I tried to make cheddar cheese soup today. This was one of the first soups I'd picked up at the store, when I was just grabbing interesting flavors I thought I might like rather than checking for protein. I'm definitely going to want more pans up here, because all the soups I've made so far have left scorched glop in the bottom of the one pot I do have, so I can't make other soups or spaghetti without either running the dishwasher or doing some serious scraping and scrubbing. Dickyi hand washes her dishes, so the dishwasher doesn't fill up fast.

Anyhow, I opened the soup can and poured the gloppy stuff inside into my pot. I'll be honest, it looked pretty disgusting. Like literal nacho cheese- same color, same texture. Adding milk didn't help, because there were just little chunks of gross-looking cheese floating around. When I finally boiled the soup, let it cool, and went to eat it, it still looked like nacho cheese mixed with milk. That's pretty much what it tasted like, too. Since it was gross and not healthy anyway, I finally dumped it all down the sink and made something else to eat. That's definitely one I won't pick up again.