Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Day For Moms

I try to avoid playing computer games on Sunday unless it's considered family bonding, so today Preston and I played a game of Rise of Nations before church. Church was nice, and since I'm over eighteen, I was given some nice Mother's day chocolates. Plus, we had yummy chocolate strawberries:


Dad taught a lesson about Edward Partridge being tarred and feathered, and brought his class some people-shaped cookies to "tar and feather" with frosting and sprinkles. I'll bet they liked that!

Mom opened some Mother's Day presents too, of course. I'd picked her out a pair of food scissors made up of a blade and cutting board together, which she enjoyed a lot. Nice!

We watched an episode of Doctor Who tonight called "The Unicorn and the Wasp". We got some large beanbags from the Hodsons, and I was able to try them out for the first time (especially the giant red one). Then we watched the season finale of "Bruno the Kid". Mostly, it was a nice and simple Sunday. I'm grateful that I have a Mom whom I can spend it with.