Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Cops and Psychologists

I did lots of writing today, too, though mainly it was note gathering and research, so there's not much interesting to say about it on this blog. I did learn the other night that Audible has had an update for their app that lets me access audiobooks from the Cloud- a huge step up from the position I was in where half my books were on dad's account and half on mine, and I often couldn't remember which were which or what the passwords were. Preston and I played two games of Rise of Nations tonight, which was fun.

"After work hours", I also finished up a drawing I've had around for a bit of a potential future for Mikey and Amanda.


"Bunsen Is a Beast" is such a simple show, but I just think it's really interesting and has some strong, lovable, fun characters. Plus, one of our last lectures in my abnormal psychology class was about ethics and the court. My teacher explained what to do if we were psychologists and had information about a client that had been arrested. The police can't demand you hand over a client's file (or rather, you shouldn't hand them to the police) because that's breaking client confidentiality. Only a judge has the power to overrule client confidentiality.

So if you've been summoned to court, you're supposed to make a copy of your files, which you bring with you. When the judge asks to see them, you say, "I don't want to hand over this client's information." Then the judge looks at you and says, "You have to." Then you do. This protects the psychologist from being sued for breaking client confidentiality, because he did say he didn't want to, and the judge used her power to overrule that.

That's what I was thinking of as I was drawing Mikey and Amanda here. I want these two rivals to attempt to go separate ways in life, only to keep butting heads in the courtroom. And I want the courthouse to be in the neighboring town and Amanda to have to keep Mikey from honking her squad car's horn as she drives him over there.

These two were super fun to design and draw in their older years, but I think I'm going to try going back to drawing my own characters for awhile. They're exciting for me too- it's just, it's fun to fawn over someone else's characters, unravel their personalities, design their futures... stuff like that. It feels more self-conscious to be praising your own cleverness or what not. I wonder if someday anyone will get excited about my works, too.