Sunday, May 28, 2017

Feather of Gold

Jorja gave a talk in church today! I think it was her second time in front of the congregation. She spoke on patriarchal blessings and how they've blessed her life. Tough thing to do when she hasn't had hers, but she did an excellent job!

Dad and I attended the other Gospel Doctrine class today. Mom has a class to teach, so she can't join us like she used to. I also snagged another of those cool spoons from relief society, so now we have one with zigzags and one with spots.

I went back to drawing after church... and I spent some time thinking.

Last year, I did a project called 52 Thursdays, and wrote a short piece each Thursday, though I only made it as far as 15 before AP tests called me away. During that time, I developed a story that I had started ten years ago. It's about a girl who is trapped in a repeating day - and decides to utterly milk it - and a boy who sold his soul in return for red hair.

I shelved it for several personal reasons, but I love these characters and I love thinking about them. I find their story fascinating, but I've been forcing myself not to work on it for years on end because breaking the Fourth Wall as immensely as this book would is simply Not Done.

But... maybe I want to anyway?

I talked to Mom about the possibility of me working on this story for awhile this summer. I'll have to think about it. On the one hand, it would be a fun and quirky story, and maybe this is the kind of author I want to present myself as. It might make a good first book to publish. Or, it wouldn't.

Anyway. I try to avoid talking about story details that aren't officially penned down, but a special place in my heart is growing for Carrie and Franny. I've always believed in learning from the mistakes of others. And I can think of a lot of mistakes a teenager girl who knows her day will reset would love to make. My whole thing is characters dealing with consequences of their actions. I think it's a story I'd be very interested in pursing someday.

I keep randomly remembering that Carrie is lactose intolerant and smirking about it, though. That rather limits the amount of ice cream she can consume.

Or does it?