Monday, May 22, 2017

Temple in Paris

A bit of a busier day today, at least in the sense of completing many different tasks instead of focusing on one all day. This morning, I did some drawing while I watched a strange movie about snakes called "Sahara" and wrote part of a scene that I wanted to. I skipped breakfast and had macaroni and cheese for early lunch instead. Then I cleaned my room a bit. I can actually walk up and down the side of the bed nearest the closet now! There were suitcases and boxes there before.

Dad texted me after awhile and warned me that I might need to pick up Jorja from school, unless she was ready to be picked up closer to 6:00 when he'd be coming home. Apparently she'd tried to text me, but the messages hadn't gone through; Dad said her phone had been acting a little flaky. She borrowed a friend's phone and asked me to pick her up around 4:15. Not very close to 6:00. So, I got in the car and headed down to Indian Hills. It's crazy how the air conditioning system in the van doesn't work! I had hot air blowing at my face for most of the ride, and then it got pretty stuffy when I turned it off. I cracked the window, which I've never really done before. Our car is getting old.

We had spaghetti for dinner tonight- on the train again, of course. Dad is pretty proud of the little nozzle he 3D printed that attaches to the milk dispenser. It swivels so that if a cup on the train doesn't stop exactly underneath the spout, he can swivel the nozzle towards it. It's funny, because he could also push or pull the train, or pick up the cup and move it himself. He likes his toys.

Tonight for family home evening, Dad had us watch a video about temple clothes. My Institute teacher had recommended it to us, but I'd forgotten to look it up. We looked at pictures of the Paris, France temple that is having its open house right now. I think it's the only temple not to have a spire or Angel Moroni on it. It's crazy to think that in a year and a half, Preston will be old enough to do baptisms for the dead! Our family is growing up.