Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Let's Move It Out

I spent the day cleaning and cleaning. In the early afternoon, Mom and Dad came by to help out. In all the commotion, I forgot to take any pictures.

Lots of vacuuming, carting boxes down to the car, and surface-wiping was done. We realized after awhile that we didn't have anything to clean the bathroom mirror or windows with, so Dad ran to the store to grab some. Then he mopped while Mom wiped down several of the fridge shelves and I cleaned all the windows. While we were finishing up, the RA came by to check me out. I passed inspection without incurring any fees. I'm very grateful to have a family who supports me and is willing to help me work hard, clean up, and move out like this. Dad even used the steam mop to clean the stove.

I said my last good-bye to Demetria and loaded into the car with my parents. Our first stop was at a frozen yogurt place appropriately called Yogurtland. I'd received a coupon at the beginning of the school year entitling me to the first three ounces of frozen yogurt free. It's due to expire in June. I had a bit of "double cookies and cream", topped off with some small balls of cookie dough and rainbow sprinkles.

After that, the three of us had an early dinner at Bluebird, where I again forgot to take pictures. I had a tasty grilled cheese, and snitched a bit of Mom's mint ice cream too.

Then we headed home! I kept myself entertained with the Google Docs app on my phone and held my frogs' tank between my knees. When we arrived, Matt and Sam were just inside with their kids, checking through a box of stuff that I guess my parents are planning to send to DI. We tried to interest Anne in a My Little Pony toy, but she was more interesting in watching "The Secret Life of Pets", and even said that she didn't need Rainbow Dash because she "already has ponies". Ha! A kid who says they already have enough toys is the best kind to have! Jeff found himself enraptured with a Rubix cube, no matter what Matt tried to entice him with.

Dad was very excited to show me all the updates he'd made to the guest room in my absence. It's jungle-themed, and one of its new features was a large tank for my frogs. We spent some time preparing it and then moved my frogs in. I think they'll like having all that space, and I'm excited to have a tank filter that works more consistently than my old one. I'm glad my dad thought of me while I was away, and was willing and happy to help me get it set up. I think I'll like it!