Sunday, June 4, 2017

119 Verses

Another simple day at church today! In Gospel Doctrine, Dad was asked to read Chapter 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants. It has 119 verses. At least he was allowed to start on 11, and skip about thirty of them in the middle. But it was a lot. He joked with me that if he had to leave to grab something for Mom from home for her lesson, as his oldest child, I would inherit the rest of the verses and reading duty.

The lady teaching Relief Society shared a cool quilt today. I think it's about 125 years old, and made by a girl (one of the lady's ancestors?) who recorded some stories of Joseph Smith in her journal. Apparently she helped with his embalming after he died (I think that's what it's called when you prepare a body for death). Hyrum too. That's a pretty cool story.

Preston and I played some Wizard101 again, though I warned him that I was only playing because it was the weekend. Tomorrow, I go back to doing writing work. I still have a ton of manuscripts to read through and mark up. Lots left to do before conference!