Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Pac-Man Yard

I spent the day reading and marking up the first twenty pages for each of the manuscripts my fellow WIFYR conference attendees. To be more specific, we're divided into groups that will last for our week-long session, and my group has fourteen people in it, plus an instructor, I think. I got started on doing the manuscript reads today, and finished four. Still nine to go! I squeezed in a bit of drawing between them, which lightened the load. 

Tonight, Mom and Dad wanted to play games with the family. We started with Pac-Man DS- one person plays as Pac-Man, and the rest of the players are the ghosts, who play with their map blacked out. Whoever kills Pac-Man gets to be the new Pac-Man, and the former Pac-Man becomes one of the ghosts. The goal is to play to a certain point score- 7,000, 10,000, or 15,000. I won three games in a row (much to everyone's annoyance) until I finally lost the last one.

Then we played a board game called Scotland Yard. I was Mr. X, a criminal on the run, and all the other players were trying to corner and catch me. Kind of like a Pac-Man board game. Sort of like Stop Thief, though not quite as fun, in my opinion.

I didn't end up winning that game, but it's nice to enjoy games with the whole family- and we enjoyed some leftover Leatherby's ice cream from yesterday too. Summer is going to be great!