Sunday, June 25, 2017

Taco Train

Today, we fasted as a family because we'll be up at the cabin next Sunday. Also, we found out that our stake patriarch died yesterday. He's the one who gave me my patriarchal blessing, and he was always very nice, so it's bittersweet to let him go.

I caught up to Preston as we were walking home from church. We were surprised to see a deer resting on our front lawn! Preston and I walked carefully to the front door to avoid scaring her off.


Last night, Dad took Jorja shopping, since she'll be going to EFY next week. While out, he grabbed a gallon of chocolate milk, so after we all broke our fast, we enjoyed that. And, Dad made tacos for dinner. 

We visited our cousins the Smiths tonight to show off the two games Dad received for Father's Day. There was also lots of ice cream. I talked with Erica about her life and writing, and caught up on some blog posts too.

I've mainly been sleeping in the guest room since coming home from college. Tonight, I slept downstairs with Jorja, and we talked about her life and career and things. It's crazy that my little sister is growing up. I hope she finds a good path to walk in life.