Saturday, June 3, 2017

Writing By the Pool

I had another laser hair removal appointment this morning (in the now-remodeled building), and then Mom and I went shopping for groceries. We wanted to grab a few things like chips, soda, and buns for hamburgers and hot-dogs. I asked her if we could get some liquid cheese dip too, because I wanted to put it in the chip and dip pottery bowl that I made years ago. We've had salsa in it before, but never cheese. When the party started and I came outside with it, Matt swam over with Anne and reached up for them. Grandpa made begging sea lion noises too. Stockton's not a fan of cheese, but even he wanted to get in on the chip action. What fun!



Mom wanted to go to the wedding of one of the boys from my old Sunday School class. I talked a lot with Jorja, did dishes, and cleaned the kitchen while she was gone. Surprisingly, even though she left for the wedding pretty late and went all the way to Lehi, she beat our guests here.

People swam. I can't be in the sun for a week before or after my laser hair removal treatments, but since it was shady and getting late, I took my laptop outside and wrote while snacking on nachos and ice cubes. It was perfect! Nice to have a change of environment, and since Cathy (and later my dad) had their laptops too, it was awesome to be able to watch other people enjoy themselves while I did something that I enjoyed, and without having to feel guilty.