Monday, June 5, 2017

Co-Authors and Leatherbys

I received an email from Sam today. One of Covenant's authors emailed her asking for co-author recommendations, and she forwarded the conversation to me and suggest I look into it, because it might be a good opportunity. I'll avoid giving any details because put simply, I was very unimpressed. The first few pages looked decent structure-wise, even though the writing itself was rather clumsy, but but soon enough you get to places where paragraphs aren't divided when the characters speak, and indents and quotation marks are abandoned. Reminded me of my ten-year-old days, but with scriptures cited every five sentences. I think it was an attempt at an allegory, but I'll take the Dragons In Our Midst series any day.

I wrote the author and stated that I had given the opportunity some thought, but didn't think I was the right co-author for them. I did at least start feeling a lot better about the first chapter of The Worth of Ink, which I'd submitted to WIFYR even though I felt it wasn't my best work. I need to stop feeling better about my abilities when I see others doing more poorly. It's probably unhealthy.

Since it was Stockton and Jorja's last day of school, we celebrated by going out to Leatherbys. I got my usual cake batter Kenny's milkshake- and a tasty grilled cheese too.

Preston with his banana split

Stockton's super-chocolatey treat and Mom's
peanut butter thing

School's out for them now and summer can begin!