Monday, June 26, 2017

Hot Car

Well, Jorja headed off to EFY today! Mom and I drove her up to BYU. If you bring a copy of your grades in to Krispy Kreme, they'll reward you with a donut for each A. Since Krispy Kreme isn't near our house, I grabbed my laptop and settled into the car for the long ride up.

The air conditioning hasn't been working in the van, so it was pretty hot. Definitely too hot to stay in the car while Mom got Jorja registered! I followed them around as Jorja got settled into her room. She's rooming with a girl in our ward named Ebony Liu.

Ebony and Jorja

After that was all done, Mom and I hit up Krispy Kreme for those donuts! ... Except, apparently they've changed policies, so only 6th grade and below are allowed to receive free donuts for their As. They were probably giving too many donuts away (between Stockton, Jorja, and I, I think we left with three free boxes last year). Mom bought me a cake batter donut and a donut with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles anyway. Those were nice.

We stopped by the dōTERRA building on our way home so Mom could change an automatic order that she'd made. It was nice to have some time with my mom to myself, and we talked about a lot of things on our errands today in the hot car.