Monday, September 12, 2016

Channel Chasers

I paid a visit to my peer mentor today during her office hours, and she helped me clear up a few questions about Connections homework and clubs. She was also able to show me the process of how to find and schedule an appointment to meet with the adviser of the psychology department, so that will be pretty nice to have on hand. She warned me that it's best to speak with them earlier rather than later since when it's time to start registering for next semester's classes, suddenly everyone has questions to ask.

Otherwise, it was a fairly normal day. I came home for lunch planning to make a turkey and cheese sandwich, only to have it dawn on me as I was reaching for the fridge that I'd frozen all the bread yesterday. Demetria can't eat gluten, and with it only being the two of us, I really wasn't going through the loaf very fast. Oh well. I took the bread out to thaw and had my sandwich for dinner instead, along with some strawberries and a bowl of yogurt with banana slices mixed in. Additionally, we had a guest speaker - a retired employee for Hershey's - speak to us during our chocolate class.

The TV up here gets a lot of weird kids channels ("Powerpuff Girls", "Steven Universe", "Amazing World of Gumball", "Elena of Avalon", "Lion Guard", "Sofia the First", "Doc McStuffins", and even "Hey, Arnold" reruns), but no "Fairly OddParents", which was kind of disappointing because there were supposed to be three new episodes coming out tonight, and one of them in particular I've been excited for all summer. I just can't resist drastically different villains who fight all the time teaming up to achieve superordinate goals.

Demetria and I watched the new "Star" episodes instead. Ludo seems to have come to the conclusion that his half of the broken magic wand reacts to his pain, so for an episode there he kind of had an obsession with hurting himself going on. He's doing a tad better since he amassed his mountain of corn, though. Minus the part where he's constantly babbling to himself and has just found out that Star has an instruction manual on how to use the wand. Looks like he's ready to get his head back in the game.

We also watched a couple "ChalkZone" episodes, which was fun too. "Snap Out of Water" is a good one. I'm always here for watching sentient chalk creatures screaming for help as they dissolve in Real World rain.