Sunday, September 25, 2016

From Cabin to College

Today began as most last days at the cabin do: With breakfast and with cleaning. Surprisingly, we managed to get all cleaned up and out of there by noon, which meant that we arrived at random 1:00 ward of a church in Wyoming. When it ended, I said good-bye to the rest of my family, and Dad carted me and my friends back to Utah State. Tomorrow, we start school again.

We dropped Alison off at her place first, and Dad stayed in my room for a bit to help me get the printer set up. I printed off my garden essay, so it's prim and ready to be handed into my teacher tomorrow. The deadline isn't until right before Thanksgiving, but now I don't have to fret about it- which will be especially nice now that my rat-training lab starts tomorrow, and will run every morning for the next month.

When Dad left, Demetria and I had a bit of a cool-down time before we were summoned to church for an auxiliary-training meeting. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we started with a brief opening meeting in the chapel and then split into different areas based on our callings. I'm a visiting teaching supervisor and headed to the room with the other relief-society callings. I sat next to Eliza (first counselor for our ward's relief society presidency, I think). When the whole thing was over, we got donuts and chocolate milk, and I managed to find Demetria again. After a bit more time spent chatting with Eliza, we headed back for Blue Square.

Home again. Meetings done. I did some laundry and things tonight and that was nice too. I also ate a lot of those Mini Chewy SweetTarts.

Hopefully I'm up in plenty of time for that rat lab tomorrow and I haven't missed anything. That's always a worry floating around the back of one's mind!