Sunday, September 4, 2016

No Clipboard

Demetria and I headed to church early this morning to meet with the bishopric. I've been called to be a visiting teaching supervisor, and she's the relief society activities coordinator. Nice.

Lots of people wanted to bear their testimonies this Fast Sunday. I'd heard that Young Single Adult wards tend to have one person right after another after another, but apparently that's really true. Since last week I gave my talk and so sat up in the 'stands', this was sort of my first official day of not having my clipboard with me to work on one of my 52 Sundays drawings. My mind tends to wander without it, because details about my writing are constantly churning in the back of my head. Drawing during sacrament meeting forces me to pay just enough attention to the paper that I can shut those thoughts down, without getting so absorbed in my work that I don't hear what's being said. I focused in the meeting even without it, anyway.

It was another relaxing day, without much to say. I wrote a few things, and did some drawings while we watched cartoons and anime and Demetria's favorite movie, "Newsies". I made some macaroni and cheese too. I do like my cool red pot.

It is nice not to have school tomorrow. I'm hoping to do some more reading from my textbooks. Lazy weekends are nice, but I want to ensure I stay on top of things.