Thursday, September 8, 2016

Lunch With Alison

I went to lunch with Alison today. She took me up to the food sciences building, and I found out that I could use my meal plan to eat there, provided the cost was under $6.50. After a sandwich, a cup of milk, a bag of Fritos, and a scoop of ice cream, my grand total came out a nickel short of that, which worked out. Not too bad for a nice outing.

I cut it a little close making it to Lifespan Development today, but I got there. The shuttles have a special phone number that you can text a code word to (the code differs by which stop you're at) and it will automatically tell you which shuttles are nearby and how much longer it will be until the next one arrives where you are. Since I'd memorized Blue Square's code, I texted it while I was in the elevator. 

I got outside just I got back the 'now' text. Hmm... No shuttle in front of the stop. No shuttle up the street. After another few minutes, I texted the number again. It still insisted that there was a shuttle right at the stop. There wasn't. Finally, the next shuttle arrived to take me up to the TSC. I then had about six minutes to make it from there to what seems to be one of the furthest possible buildings. I guess I'll have to leave earlier next time.

This afternoon I did some homework, a quiz, and researched a few things for my writings. These slow Thursdays are rather nice.