Friday, September 9, 2016

Easier Than High School

So far college has been easier than high school. I've managed to get my homework done on time, and there hasn't been a lot of it. The last few school years, it was a rare weekend when I didn't have homework from at least one of my teachers. Here, it's definitely nice to be told I don't have any. I'm sure it won't last forever, but it's nice to enjoy.

I had the chance to do some more world-building research and writing today. I tried piecing together my magic system for "Stars and Finches" again as well. Something about drawing the properties out of patterns formed by nature and manifesting that power in the form of a colored marking on the skin. Maybe I'll have to go and see this "Kubo and the Two Strings" movie and decide if its magic system is too close for comfort. I also might do a little thing with ultraviolet rays, but I'm not entirely sold on it yet. I think I'll save that for a different project of mine with a magical system I've been struggling to work out too.

Demetria and I watched the last few episodes of "Star vs. The Forces of Evil" that are out and are now all caught up with the series. Frog Dad is having conflicting feelings about his beloved baby tadpoles and his old life of evil. Ludo found corn and he's so proud of himself.