Sunday, September 11, 2016

Church and Church and Back Again

Mom will be proud to know that I spent a lot of today socializing. Demetria and I attended church for the block and picked up some food at the Linger Longer. Then we returned to Blue Square for a bit. I scored a hundred percent on my psychology quiz, which was sufficiently more satisfying than the 90% I got on the last one.

Around six we headed back again for the young adult broadcast. We met up with Eliza there and listened to Elder Quenton L. Cook speak about the physical and metaphysical dangers of our time, which was pretty nice. 

Once it was over, Eliza showed us her place and we stayed there for almost an hour and a half talking about school, art classes, Japanese culture, cartoons, and writing before ward prayer rolled around at 8:30, which was the plan. We managed to score some ice cream sandwiches along with cheese and crackers. Even Demetria found some Snickers bars she could eat (since she can't have gluten), and she introduced me to one of her friends from a music class of hers

It was back to Blue Square again after that. Next week, it's our ward's turn to clean the church. I feel a shred guilty that I won't be there to help since I've already made plans to go home next weekend. The funny thing is, my home ward cleaned the building the week after I left. I guess I lucked out this year. I wonder how it will work out next time.