Saturday, September 17, 2016

Thanksgiving Point

The reason I went home over the weekend was so that I would be able to attend my laser hair removal appointment. Mom and I went to that this morning, and it at least went better than last time. 

We took a bit of a break, and I saw the new "Fairly OddParents" episode from yesterday. It was excellent. Possibly the best for two seasons, or at least it's up there. We finally got to meet Chloe's parents, and it turns out that my prediction of their personalities was pretty spot-on! I was pleased with myself for that. Chloe's parents are exotic veterinarians/adventurers/"professional heroes" (hence the reason why she had so many "pets rescued from poachers" in her debut episode, like a kangaroo and a dolphin). 

The part of this episode that got me was when Timmy pointed out that Chloe's parents were both so scatterbrained that they'd put their pants on backwards. Chloe smiled and said that her parents don't have time to pay attention to "the little things in life". Apparently, she's one of those things. And yes, she did have a total meltdown when her father suggested that she might have done something that was not a good idea (which would be letting a bird eat Mexican food). 

Apparently this breakdown lasted an hour, and Timmy was left behind to help her through it while her parents meandered off. And then of course they took her pets (i.e. Cosmo and Wanda) and left for the rain forest the following morning without so much as a good-bye. Ah, poor silly child, plugging her ears and screaming "La la la" when Timmy reminded her that Cosmo and Wanda don't have their wands and are stuck in their flightless bird forms and out there without any camouflage from predators...

Anyway, I have an assignment for my horticulture class that requires me to visit a Utah Garden or similar such park area. After eating grilled cheese sandwiches, Mom and I headed up to Thanksgiving Point. I couldn't remember ever going there before, so it was neat to see, and we got some good pictures.






Shortly after our return from Thanksgiving Point, Mom brought me back up to Utah State since I had decided not to stay another night. I showed her a cool pizza place that I had eaten a sample at during Taste of Logan (the underground one), and after we'd eaten, she dropped me off and made sure I got settled in with the things we'd bought. 

Dad had pulled out some new speakers and headphones for me. I followed all his instructions to plug the speakers in, but it looks like they won't play if the broken tip of the old headphones is still wedged into place up front (because it thinks it should play out the headphones). Too bad. At least the headphones work in my phone, which will play videos if I need to, and I can borrow Demetria's laptop if necessary. I'm grateful the rest of the computer is still in working condition, at least. If something had to break, I'm glad it wasn't the memory containing years of files.

We ran my dishes through the dishwasher, and Mom took a bunch of cardboard boxes that we had laying around home with her. Of course, once she left I realized that I left my nacho chip pottery bowl back at home. Ah, well.