Saturday, September 3, 2016

Didn't Leave at All

This has been the first day of college when I never left the dorm room. It was very nice.

I did some writing and reading this morning, Demetria showed me another anime episode and I showed her a dodgeball episode of a cartoon I like as we ate lunch, and then I vacuumed the floor while she washed the counters. Bathrooms were cleaned and showers were had. While Demetria watched a bunch of Harry Potter movies that I guess were playing in a marathon all day, I did some more writing and mentally steeled myself for Fast Sunday tomorrow.

Then Demetria and I did dishes and talked for a long, long time. Sitting and talking with another girl is a foreign concept to me, but it was also kind of nice. We get along pretty well and it's great to have her as a roommate.

Today just flew by so quickly. It's too bad there probably won't be many more of these in the coming months. All my current homework was done by Thursday, so I have nothing due for almost a month except keeping up on my class readings. I still think about homework a lot and wonder if I should go on to the next projects, though. But there's always that worry of screwing up because the teacher changed their mind about the instructions.

I do want to begin studying every night so I can get in the habit early on, but I guess it can wait until I have a few more notes.