Monday, September 26, 2016

When The Cat's Away

The rat lab began today. I'm glad I was able to make it in plenty of time. We broke into groups - mostly there are groups of three, but we're a group of four and so I'm working with three boys - and we were introduced to our rats. We decided to train ours to climb some stairs made of blocks, pass through a hoop at the top of them, then come down and touch a dangling ball with its nose. It's a couple of steps, but it should be fairly simple.

Otherwise, it was a busy day with several classes, and lots of homework to be done. I was finally able to complete that online safety and sexual consent course (I'm pretty sure it took longer than the promised 45 minutes). Then there was a lot of reading to be had. I squeezed out just a bit of writing as a break too. Tomorrow, at least, will be a lighter day that should lend me the opportunity to get my work done.

Nice that I have a printer now, seeing as I need to print off various papers for the rat lab every day.