Friday, September 23, 2016

Star Valley Reaches

Dad came up to see me after my classes were over. While he was here he fixed my scanner and my speakers, and I finished that essay about the Ashton Gardens at Thanksgiving Point, so that worked out nicely. 

We ate out at Angie's for lunch (I had a grilled cheese with four kinds of cheeses on it- that was really good) and split a cinnamon scone. After that, we waited for Demetria to come back, then swung by and picked up Alison. With both of them loaded up in the Jeep, we were on the road.

We drove through Cache National Forest (I hadn't been that way before) and arrived at the Star Valley temple in plenty of time to walk through it during the open house. It's a small place, but had some very nice features. I got to see the rest of my family, plus my uncle Matt, his wife Sam, and of course little Anne and Jeff. Sam is pregnant with their third, but it's much too early to know if they'll be joined by a boy or a girl.

From there it was up to the cabin. Demetria, Alison, and I played Dominion with Matt. I was winning for the entire game, but when it ended, Matt was very close behind with all his Dukes and Duchys. Thanks to Explorer, I was able to buy Provinces almost every turn after awhile, and they constantly replaced the money I lost thanks to Noble Brigands. There's a reason Explorer is probably my favorite card.

We got everyone to bed after that. I hope my friends enjoy their time up at the cabin! They seem to be liking it so far.