Saturday, October 15, 2016

Belated Birthday Party

Today Demetria and I picked up groceries, did a lot of cleaning, and had our birthday party. We invited some friends over (although only Alison and Eliza were able to make it) and ate cake.

Demetria's gluten-free confetti cake and my yellow cake with chocolate frosting

We made the cakes in Demetria's rice cooker and they turned out to be super delicious. Demetria said the sprinkles that came with her icing were ugly, so I put them on my cake.


We told everyone that presents weren't necessary, but Alison said that she felt awkward not bringing anything and surprised us with hand-painted birthday cards, pumpkins, and pumpkin-carving supplies. How thoughtful!


After cakes had been eaten and Alison and Eliza had left, then Demetria and I ended our night by watching "The General". It was Demetria's first time seeing Buster Keaton, and she approved. She wants to show me some Charlie Chaplin in the next few days, because apparently there's a movie that Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton both acted in and we thought we'd check it out.

It's nice to have the apartment clean again, and that was some really good cake. I'm liking it up here.