Sunday, October 23, 2016

Too Late to Be Known as Jared the First

Demetria and I ended up arriving at church late today (too late for the sacrament), but it turned out not to be too bad because it was Stake Conference. We heard some neat talks, so that was nice. I do enjoy Stake Conference.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to draw a different scripture character each Sunday of 2016. Today I drew King Jared, son of King Omer and father of Abish, and I'm very proud of my drawing and want you all to look at him:


Otherwise, I did lots of homework and studied. I'm a bit worried about my chocolate and horticulture classes, as usual. The information really doesn't seem to be sticking in my head. I'll try some new study methods over the coming days and we'll see how it goes.

I had to throw out a loaf and a half of bread today... lots of mold sneaking up on it. The whole loaf was the one I'd bought when Demetria and I got lost on our way home from Walmart, I think. I've been eating a lot of turkey sandwiches, but since Demetria can't have gluten, it's up to me to try to make use of it before it spoils. Additionally, I've been buying bananas regularly, so I'm always having to scramble to finish those off. Today I finished my last banana and threw out my bread. Hmm...

My behavioral analysis professor got back to me about that missing assignment today, and he said that he would be willing to drop it as opposed to one of my quizzes (since he drops the lowest two quizzes). I figured that I could make do with an 8 out of 10 much better than a 0 out of 10, so I took him up on that offer. I just have to remember to remind him as we near the end of the semester. I'm glad I reread his syllabus and asked him about it!