Thursday, October 27, 2016

He Thinks He's a Fruit Bat But He's Not

Hmm.... Not much to say about today, although the rat lab is officially over and I only had one class today, so it was great. Turns out my test in lifespan development was today instead of next class like I thought it was (I even looked at the syllabus and saw the due date, and turned in my extra credit assignment, its due date also being before the test) but I still got confused. 

Ended up doing really well on the test though, I think. There was only one question or maybe two that I hesitated over, but at the very least I did well, my grade is still over 100% in this class, and I did the extra-credit assignment. And luckily I decided to study for this class before my behavior class today, because that helped, I think.

I only got two hours of sleep last night but never felt tired all day. Kept expecting to crash but never did. That was a blessing.

Drew an Anti-Cosmo on and off in between my study periods to positively reinforce myself for staying in my room and working:


My take on him is as a short and fluffy majorly-overreacting nervous wreck who has an obsession with the zodiac (specifically the luckiness associated with it) and considers himself honor-bound to help his people even though he has political powers that would let him leave the prison of Anti-Fairy World at any time. Basically the only reason why he fought his way up the social ladder is because he wanted to wear a hat but his social anxiety is really bad and he thought everyone else would laugh at him, so he secured a position of power so no one would say anything about it.

Wings pierced because wedding rings are difficult to push over his gnarled fluffy fingers and Anti-Wanda would more likely eat hers than not.

I finally figured out an explanation for why his family are practically the only Anti-Fairies to have their eyes colored instead of having the default red design and ended up with the idea that due to the very limited color palettes in Anti-Fairy World, an STD that colors one's eyes became a major status symbol and it's withheld from most of the population and passed only among the aristocrats. Anti-Cosmo was born with his, but Anti-Wanda had to get her eyes "lit", I guess? Can't imagine she came from an aristocratic family.

I think Anti-Fairies would never lose the Babinski reflex (toe-curling reflex babies show when you stroke their feet) because they're bats and hang upside-down. I actually wrote a short story about Foop having his developmental process tested by a therapist (and failing because as smart as he is and although he obviously has object permanence, he has no concept of conservation, falls prey to the A-Not-B search error, can't reverse events in his head, and can't see from the point of view of others and assumes that what he sees, everyone can see, and of course he has his dissociative identity disorder) to help me study for my lifespan development quiz about a month ago. That was fun. Unfortunately it's my horticulture and chocolate classes that I really have trouble retaining information in.

Bats also can't see glass (their echolocation tells them that smooth, flat things are water) and I think this is why all the windows in Anti-Fairy World are covered with bars instead. It's also really funny because Anti-Cosmo and Foop are the only ones who've been locked behind glass walls in a prison where everyone else is behind bars.

Pretty sure embryonic diapause is the reason Anti-Cosmo didn't understand why there was such a huge gap between Poof and Foop's births.

This show is everything I've ever wanted in a cartoon and then some.